- for players with physical or mental disabilities
We are excited to announce that we have started a VIP program! You can join any time!
The AYSO Very Important Players (VIP) program provides a quality soccer experience for children and adults whose physical or mental disabilities prevent them from successful participation on mainstream teams. VIP teams may include individuals with Down syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy, emotional disturbances, visual impairments, or other conditions that limit mobility, strength, and/or comprehension. AYSO VIP players get the unique opportunity to be part of a soccer team for a full season.
All individuals with disabilities are welcome, starting at age four. Although the typical AYSO program ends at age 18, for VIP players playing on VIP teams there are no upper age limits. The focus is on participation and fun! VIP coaches are flexible and positive, finding a way for all players to participate as fully as they are able.
Through participation in VIP soccer, individuals with disabilities experience the thrill of belonging to a team, wearing uniforms, and making new friends. They learn new skills and develop physical fitness while enjoying the game of soccer.
VIP benefits all participants, not just the players! Non-disabled players assist VIP players on the field as “buddies”. They learn to understand and appreciate people with disabilities and form friendships.
For parents who thought they would never see their children having fun playing a sport, VIP gives them joy.
All VIP games will be played on Saturdays at 4:00 PM on field 16 at the
Tuma Soccer Complex.
You can register at any time during the season and have you player join us!
On the listed game dates, practice & game will be combined. On these dates, a practice session will be followed by a game. Each practice/game session with start at 4:00 PM on field 14.
On game day, your player needs to be ready with:
- Shin Guards - These are mandatory for all AYSO practices / games, so make sure you have a pair that fits comfortably. The shin guards will have to be totally covered by the socks. You can purchase these from most of the local big name retailers or soccer outlets. Dick’s Sporting Goods has a good variety.
- Shoes - No requirement on special shoes, you can wear soccer cleats or regular tennis shoes as you prefer. If you choose to wear cleats just make sure you get a pair that does not have a "toe cleat". That's the big difference between soccer shoes, and shoes designed for other sports.
- Soccer Ball - Size 5 ball is recommended as it is larger and easier to see and kick.
Fall 2015/Spring 2016 season:
Spring 2016 practice/game schedule:
- Saturday, April 23
- Saturday, April 30
- Saturday, May 7
- Saturday, May 14
- Saturday, May 21
- No practice/game on May 28 (Memorial Day weekend)
- Saturday, June 4
Fee for Spring 2016 season: $40 per player ($20.00 for returning players who do not need a new uniform)
Fee includes uniform -- 2 jerseys, shorts, & socks, National AYSO membership, Soccer Now magazine, & supplemental accident insurance. The fee covers Fall and Spring. You can register at any time during the season and have your player join us!
Looking for volunteers!
We are looking for volunteers to help setup and run the VIP program. If you are interested, then contact the VIP Administrator at
- VIP Coaches
- VIP Referees
- VIP Buddies
The administrator for our VIP Program is Patti. You can contact Patti at