Indoor Soccer U12 Boys, U12 Girls, U14 Girls
Indoor Soccer SCHEDULES have been posted!
(updated 11/3/2013 7:13 PM)
Schedules for the U10 Boys, U10 Girls, U12 Boys, U12 Girls and U14 Girls have been published and can be found on the Indoor Schedules page.
Indoor soccer is great way for your child to improve skills and to keep fitness up during the winter! This opportunity is only available to U10 boys, U10 girls, U12 boys, U12 girls and U14 girls.
The Eastern Iowa Sports Complex in Hiawatha (formerly known as the SportZone) offers an indoor soccer league. The indoor soccer field is like a hockey rink with carpet instead of ice on the floor. The 60 x 30 yard soccer field has an 8' wall. The ball can be played off the wall, and will only be out of play if it hits the net over the 8' wall. Indoor soccer is a lot faster than outdoor soccer. Unlimited substitutions are allowed on the fly (don't have to wait for a stoppage). Spectators can watch the games form bleachers that allow viewing over the 8' wall. The carpeted surface of the indoor field is not suitable for soccer cleats. Although specific indoor soccer shoes are available in sport equipment stores, tennis shoes, sneakers or jogging shoes will work just fine.
Last year, we had six AYSO U12 girls teams participating, and they had a blast! For this season, we have 15 timeslots per weekend. This allows for a total of 30 AYSO teams: 4 U10 girls teams, 4 U10 boys teams, 8 U12 girls teams, 6 U12 boys teams and 8 U14 girls teams. For the first indoor session, each team will be playing a total of 6 games. It's up to the coaches if they want to do practices or not. Some do while others don't.
Please send an email to email@example.com let me know if your daughter is interested in playing indoor soccer. There are only a limited number of spots available.
- Location: Eastern Iowa Sports Complex in Hiawatha (formally known as the SportZone)
- Number of Games in session: 6 games
- Game Dates: See game calendars below.
- Game Days/Times:
U10B: Saturday nights (start time of 7 PM or 8 PM)
U10G: Saturday afternoons (start time of 1 PM or 6 PM)
U12B: Friday nights (start time of 6 PM, 7 PM or 8 PM)
U12G: Sunday afternoons (start time of 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM or 5 PM)
U14G: Saturday afternoons (start time of 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM or 5 PM)
- Duration of play: 2 - 22 minute halves, 5 minute halftime
- Maximum roster size: 12
- Players on the field: 7 v 7
- Cost: between $45 and $55 per player, depending on number of players on the team
U12B Game calendar for the first session (start time of 6 PM, 7 PM or 8 PM):
- Game 1: Fri 11/1/2013
- Skipping 11/8/2013 because of unavailability of indoor soccer field
- Game 2: Fri 11/15/2013
- Skipping 11/22/2013 because of unavailability of indoor soccer field
- Skipping 11/29/2013 - Thanksgiving weekend
- Game 3: Fri 12/6/2013
- Game 4: Fri 12/13/2013
- Game 5: Fri 12/20/2013
- Skipping 12/27/2013 and 1/3/2014 because of Christmas Break
- Game 6: Fri 1/10/2014
U12G Game calendar for the first session (start time of 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM or 5 PM):
- Game 1: Sun 11/10/2013
- Game 2: Sun 11/17/2013
- Game 3: Sun 11/24/2013
- Skipping 12/1/2013 - Thanksgiving weekend
- Game 4: Sun 12/8/2013
- Game 5: Sun 12/15/2013
- Skipping 12/22/2013, 12/29/2013 and 1/5/2014 because of Christmas Break
- Game 6: Sun 1/12/2014
U14G Game calendar for the first session (start time of 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM or 5 PM):
- Game 1: Sat 11/2/2013
- Skipping 11/9/2013 because of unavailability of indoor soccer field
- Game 2: Sat 11/16/2013
- Game 3: Sat 11/23/2013
- Skipping 11/30/2013 - Thanksgiving weekend
- Game 4: Sat 12/7/2013
- Game 5: Sat 12/14/2013
- Skipping 12/21/2013, 12/28/2013 and 1/4/2014 because of Christmas Break
- Game 6: Sat 1/11/2014
Directions to the Eastern Iowa Sports Complex (SportZone):
1100 N 18 Ave
Hiawatha, IA 52233
If you come from I-380 and turn West on Boyson Road, you go west for approx. 1/2 mile. Turn right on N 18 Ave (just before the New Horizons building). Drive approx. 1000 feet to the end of the street where you can't miss the SportZone building. (If you're passed the Hiawatha water tower and still are on Boyson Road...then you missed your turn!)
Please email me or give me a call if you have questions.
The picture below of the indoor field was taken from the bleachers. As you can see on the picture, the parents have a great view on the field!